American Heart Association the consensus organisation governing Neonatal resuscitation has released its 2015 Revision this October , 2015.
It keeps updating.
This Version has added
- The previous 30 sec assessment for HR and respiration has been omitted and a direct 60 sec ' golden minute' has been introduced.
- Delayed cord clamping for aleast 30 sec in all babies not requiring resuscitation.
- ECG lead attachment preferred over Cord pulsation or Heart sounds.
- Temperature monitoring has been encouraged.
- During resuscitation, 21% oxygen is used in term and 21-30% is used in preterm.
- The Significant change is even in non vigorous newborns, endotracheal suction is not indicated and routine NRP is followed which in 2010 had different algorithm for vigorous and non-vigorous babies.
- Laryngeal mask airway has been introduced to Neonatal Resuscitation Protocol.
Read Full here